Monday 7 April 2014

Week 4 Extracting Clouds & Combining The Extracted Photos

Matte Painting Study 

Week 4 Extracting Clouds & Combining The Extracted Photos

Here in this blog I used the polygon lasso tool to erase the sky from from the mountains. I used this technique for all my photos of mountains. This is the results I got.





For the trees I used the lasso tool to get the back ground. But for the details I used the eraser tool and zoomed in on the tree's and got ride of the background in more details. Try using the opacity on the eraser for some spots and in other spot use the the feathers eraser tool. Don't worry to much on detail on trees in the distance as most details wont be seen. 


The photos I took I spent a few hours cutting out the detail in the trees. But the effect didn't look right because of the trees being still and not moving. Also for the change in color and snow on the trees in the background. 




I decided to cut out the trees and not use them in my final piece.



I did the same thing for the broken tree and used the eraser tool on the snow to blend it in to the snow on lower layers.

Here is the end result i got from my photos.







No comments:

Post a Comment