Tuesday 8 April 2014

Week 5 Editing & Arranging

Matte Painting Study 

Week 5 Extracting  Editing & Arranging

This week we are going to arrange our photos to see what works and what doesn't work. Here is the result of what we had at the end of last weeks blog. I'm not liking the end result of the photo so we are going to change up the design of the photo. I find the side mountains don't work I want incorporate my original photos. I decided to make it a environment scene and change the focus from what I originally wanted a cavern to a  more open concept. 



Here I found a mountain photo that matched the lighting in my rock photo. Deleted the old BG and placed this one in it. Used the same step as in my previous blog.


 I also found another snowy tree photo that I am using to go with my mountain and trees I currently have in the matte painting.


Moved the close trees changed the scale  and added a slight color correcting to tone down the blues.


Duplicating this image and moved it over to fill the entire page. Also changing scales and erasing some areas for less repetitive photo.


Here I removed the tree and  kept the rock.


Here is the final result at the end of this weeks blog. 


Thank you for checking out this weeks blog. Please check back next week for part 6.





No comments:

Post a Comment